How to set up a Guest Network in Tp-link AC 1200 routers?
It is possible to get safety from the nearby users in your network and at the same time allowing them to get connected with your home network. Thanks, to the Guest Network feature which creates a separate network within the server with the help of which they can allow the guest user to get connected with the network. This network is created with a unique Network name and the Wi-Fi password which is assigned to allow the nearby users to connect with the network. While setting up Guest Network, a user also has to assign a frequency band to the network. Guest Network is set up through the web setup page with the help of www.tplinkwifi.net but can conveniently be controlled and managed through the Tp-link tether app of the device.
Steps to set up a Guest Network in Tp-link AC1200 routers
- Visit the default gateway of the router by opening up a browser and typing www.tplinkwifi.net on the address bar of the browser. The IP address can also be used in place of tplinkwifi.net as it the traditional method of interacting with the router.
- The tp-link router login page appears on the screen.
- Mention “admin” on the username field as the default username and type the password you mentioned earlier on the password field. Click on the login button after mentioning all the credentials.
- Go to the advanced tab, then select the Guest Network tab.
- Guest Network page will get displayed on the screen.
- To customize the network locate the wireless section on the window.
- First, select the frequency band for your Guest Network which you usually select from the 2.4 GHz or 5GHz network.
- Now to enable the Guest Network service, tick the checkbox of “Enable Guest Network”
- Assign a Network name to your Guest Network by selecting the SSID field and type your desired network name. You also can select the hide SSID option, in case you have specified users with whom you want to share the network.
- Now, select the security type for your connection type. WPA/WPA2 Personal is the most common type of security considered as a reliable one.
- Click on the save button and your Guest Network will be ready for the users to use.
How to perform Firmware Update on Tp-link AC1200 Wi-Fi router?
The firmware Update is a method that updates the features and various settings in your device that escalates the functionality of a Tp-link AC 1200 router. Updated firmware of a router keeps the networking protocol, and administrative mechanisms updated, which enhances the performance level of your router along with that the duration of your Tp-link AC1200 router. Users are recommended to keep their firmware updated so keep up the maintenance level of their device.
There are some precautions that a user has to take before updating the Firmware of the Tp-link AC1200 Router
- Users are recommended to update the Firmware manually if their Tp-link router doesn’t support the cloud service.
- Please avoid turning off the power of your Tp-link AC1200 router, visiting other tabs of your browser, clicking on other browser links, and hopping on the main window of your desktop to avoid corruption in the installation process of the Firmware in your router.
- In case, you get fail to download the firmware of your Tp-link AC1200 router, you can manually update it through the official support website of the Tp-link router.
- Most of the users are not aware of the fact that the manual update of the firmware in the Tp-link AC1200 router can also be done without the availability of the Internet but the only condition that applies here that the user should have download the firmware in his computer somewhere safe.
- Read the release notes before performing the update process, so that, you could know the configuration settings which get removed after the Firmware update process. The user can create a backup of the configuration settings that will get removed after the update process so that after the process you can easily restore it through the main tplinkwifi.net window.
Steps to update the Firmware of the router manually through the web interface of tplinkwifi.net window
- Before performing the Firmware Update process, make sure that the Tp-link AC1200 router is properly connected to the computer. If possible make the wired connection between your router and the mobile device.
- Now, open a browser and type www.tplinkwifi.net on the address bar of the browser or you also can type the IP address of the tp-link router as the URL to get to the main window of the Tp-link router.
- Visit the main window by mentioning the correct login credentials within their respective fields.
- Click on the login button and the main window of tplinkwifi.net appears on the screen.
- If the update of the Tp-link router will be available, the user will be notified by the icon residing on the upper right corner of the screen. Click on the Update screen and you will be redirected to the update page of the firmware.
- On the update page of the firmware, a user can check the latest version of the firmware.
- Click on the update button to begin the upgrade process. As soon as the process gets started, the user has to wait for the completion of the update process.
- After the update process, the Tp-link AC1200 router will get immediately restarted.