How to configure Access Control in Tp-link AC5400 Tri-band MU-MIMO Router?
Access Control provides the authority to the user to categorize the wireless devices between blacklist and white list. In Access Control, blacklist represents those devices to which users forbids from connecting to the network whereas whitelist contains that list of devices to which the user wants to allow connecting with the network. Users perform these changes with the help of the web interface of the tplinkwifi.net. The changes can be performed through wired as well as through wireless connection.
Steps to configure Access Control in Tp-link AC5400 MU-MIMO router
- Open a web browser in your Wi-Fi connected device in which you want to perform the Internet.
- Type www.tplinkwifi.net on its web address or type the LAN IP address of the router. LAN IP address of the Tp-link router is 192.168.1.1
- Go to the advanced tab, click on the Security sub-tab, then open Access Control tab and clicking on Access Control option.
- To enable Access Control option, toggle Access Control bar to the right side.
- Now, select the Access Mode option to either allow or block the specific devices in the list.
- If the user wants to block specific devices from connecting to the Internet, then he has to choose Blacklist tab and if he wants to allow the specific devices to connect to the Internet, then he has to choose White list tab.
- If you choose Blacklist then select those devices you want to block by visiting Online Devices table.
- After you select the devices, click on the Block tab above the Online Devices table. The selected devices will automatically get added to the Blacklist
- In case of white list, click on the Add tab then enter the Device Name as well as the MAC address of them. The user can also paste these details from the Online Device list if the device is connected to the network)
- Click on the Ok tab when you are done.
How to configure QoS in Tp link AC5400 Tri-band Wi-Fi routers?
Steps to configure QoS in Tp link AC 5400Wi-Fi routers
- Launch a web browser and type www.tplinkwifi.net as the URL. The user can also type the LAN IP address of the router in place of tplinkwifi.net
- Default Tp-link router login page appears on the screen.
- Type “admin” on the username field and mention the password on the router password field. In case, the user hasn’t assigned it yet he has to type “admin” as the default password.
- Click on the login button and the home screen of the tplinkwifi.net appears on the screen.
- Go to the advanced tab, click on the QoS tab, then click on the settings tab.
- To enable the feature select “Enable QoS” checkbox.
- Now, the user has to type in the maximum download as the upload speed provided by the ISP.
- Click on the advanced tab and drag the scroll bar to set the priority percentage of Internet Bandwidth.
- Click on the save button and all settings get saved accordingly.